10/10/2017 - 12/10/2017 Company Mission
United Nations Procurement company mission
The UN is a promising market for UK companies as the UN overall procurement volume (goods and services combined) of UN organisations is worth around £12bn per year. UN procurement is suitable for small as well as larger companies because payment is guaranteed. In addition, English is the working language and the UK has an excellent reputation among the UN agencies, being the UN’s ninth largest supplier in 2015.
Key organisations in Geneva World Health Organisation (WHO), United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), International Red Cross Federation (IFRC), International Red Cross Committee (ICRC), International Labour Office (ILO), United Nations Office of Geneva (UNOG) and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). Key organisations in Copenhagen United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
Most in-demand products and services:
• Pharmaceutical & Medical
• Vehicles & Generators
• Shelter & Domestic Supplies
• Telecommunications Equipment
• Laboratory Equipment
• Water & Sanitation
• Basic Educational Materials
• Security Services
• Web Design & Communications
• Training (multi-cultural)
• Freight Services (including inspection)
• Printing Services
• Specialist Consultancy
• A pre-arranged programme of group and individual meetings with UN and International Red Cross procurement officers, organised by the British Embassy – Department for International Trade (DIT), Geneva
• A pre-arranged programme of group and individual meetings with UN procurement officers organised by the British Embassy – Department for International Trade (DIT), Copenhagen
• A briefing held at the British Embassies in Geneva and Copenhagen on the UN procurement process
• A cost- and time-effective way of making essential personal contact with UN procurement officers
• Advice and expertise of the British Embassy – DIT in Geneva and in Copenhagen in developing your business with these organisations
• Your company profile distributed to procurement staff
• Services of an experienced mission manager before and during the mission
• Network with other British companies doing business with the UN
How to apply:
To receive an application form, please contact Marta Zanfrini, , E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +44 (0)20 7203 1822. Please note that applications will need to be approved by the British Embassy which will be assessing whether the UN is likely to procure the product or service offered by the applicant company. Places are limited and we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
To accompany this company mission, your business must be established within the UK and selling or marketing a British product or service. Please note that there is very limited space and companies will be registered on a first come, first served basis.