22/05/2017 - 23/05/2017 Brokerage Event
GreenWin International Conferences 2017
3rd edition of the GreenWin International Conferences
The purpose of the conferences is to take stock of the innovative technology used to boost activities in the fields of green chemistry and white biotechnology around the world, to share knowledge and encourage the creation of new R&D projects involving the academic world, research centres and industrial players in the sector at regional and international scale.
During the 1st day will be organised B2B meetings and workshops about European projects opportunities. The objective is to promote the emergence of new project ideas, new collaborations opportunities and funding, and innovative technologies, ideas & concepts in the passionate field of sustainable chemistry.
This year, Brazil is the country at stake. Through dedicated sessions and the presence of international delegations, participants will have the opportunity to broaden their horizons and envisage new international challenges!
• Sessions dedicated to strategy policy, innovative technologies, investment and market related to green chemistry and white biotechnology
• Latest trends in green chemistry and white biotechnology through circular economy and industry 4.0 visions
• B2B pre-scheduled meetings to foster effective networking
• R&D collaborations at stake
• International networking with new potential partners from Brazil, France, Germany, Canada,…
• Enterprises willing to foster R&D collaborations with Belgian and international partners
• Universities, Higher-Education Schools and research centres willing to share their competences and propose collaborations to industry
• Investors looking for innovative projects
• International participants’/cluster delegations willing to explore (cross-sectorial) collaborations with Belgian partners
• Creation of new international consortia
• Initiate cross-border contacts and co-operations
• Find new business partners
• Present, discuss and develop new projects
Green chemistry is set to play an important role in the evolution of industry. More specifically, the use of plant-based resources, one of the foundations of the concept of “green chemistry”. Many green chemistry processes make use of white biotechnology tools, and light will be shed on the importance of this technological synergy within the context of industry and factories in the future.
Biotechnology is a way of using biomass or its waste material renewably to produce molecules with high added value for different applications, ranging from pharmaceuticals, agri-food, and cosmetics to plastics, materials and energy. For many years, our universities and research centres have been honing their expertise in, among other fields, microbial biotechnology, from basic handling in the laboratory through to industrial applications. These initiatives have helped come up with new materials (biomaterials) and biotechnological processes, for example, based on the use of renewable raw materials that will ultimately replace or complement certain processes.
GreenWin, Belgian innovation cluster in the environmental sector aims to tackle major technological challenges such as sustainable chemistry, sustainable materials in building sector, and the environmental technologies.
They support innovation and promote the development of collaborative R&D projects around 3 strategic axis which are chemistry (biobased chemistry, use of CO2, biotechnologies), sustainable materials in the building sector (energy storage, energy efficiency, production of materials and building systems), environment (waste & recycling management, water and air treatment, soil remediation, sludge recovery).
GreenWin brings together in a single network 200 members: about 145 companies (70% of SMEs), 140 university departments, 15 research centres and 6 training providers as well as organizations that promote the green economy.