European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
The EMFF is the fund for the EU's maritime and fisheries policies for 2014-2020. (Information on funding after 2020 is available here: EU budget: Commission proposes a new fund to invest in the maritime economy and support fishing communities)
It is one of the five European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds which complement each other and seek to promote a growth and job based recovery in Europe.
•helps fishermen in the transition to sustainable fishing
•supports coastal communities in diversifying their economies
•finances projects that create new jobs and improve quality of life along European coasts
•supports sustainable aquaculture developments
•makes it easier for applicants to access financing.
This call also contributes to addressing these challenges, with its three thematic areas, which aim to support:
• Thematic area 1: Blue laboratories - Innovative solutions for maritime challenges (EMFF-01-2018)
• Thematic area 2: Blue careers in Europe (EMFF-02-2018)
• Thematic area 3: Grants for the blue economy - investing in innovation (EMFF-03-2018)
This call has a total budget of € 18,700,000 divided as follows:
• Topic 1 - Blue Laboratories (EMFF-01-2018): € 5,000,000
• Topic 2 - Blue Careers (EMFF-02-2018): € 5,500,000
• Topic 3 - Blue Economy (EMFF-03-2018): € 8,200,000